On July 17th, 2012 the Florida Green School Network held its first School District Professionals Webinar. It was an opportunity for School District professionals to learn about several best management practices from peer experts. This professional development webinar was organized by the Florida Green School Network led by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the Florida Department of Education, the Florida Department of Health and Sustainable Florida. It was sponsored by Florida Power and Light.
The Webinar covered:
• A successful District Energy Rebate Program. Presenter: Ana Rijo-Conde, Miami-Dade Public Schools District Eco-Sustainability Officer, Planning, Design and Sustainability Department
• An exemplary Healthy School District: School District of Santa Rosa County. Presenter: Ginny Hinton, MPH- UF/IFAS Santa Rosa County Extension Service
• The role of environmental literacy in STEM Education. Presenter: Mark Butler, Environmental Education Resource Teacher Curriculum & Instructional Services District School Board of Pasco County
• A Recognition Program documents success and builds a culture of excellence. Presenter: Palm Beach’s Susan Toth, Program Director of Education at Florida Atlantic University Pine Jog Environmental Education Center.
- Audio Recording (the recording picks up in the middle of the first presentation)
- Introduction slides
- Mark Butler, Pasco County School District
- Enviromental Literacy in STEM – slides
- Susan Toth, Pine Jog Environmental Center, Florida Atlantic University
- School Recognition Program – slides
- Ana Rijo-Conde, Miami-Dade Public Schools District Eco-Sustainability Officer
- MDPSD District Energy Rebate Program – Slides
- Ginny Hinton and Leah Roberts, Santa Rosa Extension Service
- Healthy School District: School District of Santa Rosa County – Slides