On May 4th, the US Department of Education announced the awardees for the Green Ribbon School and District Program. This year, four Florida schools out of 45 in the nation and one Florida school district out of nine national districts have been recognized and awarded with this prestigious distinction.
- Air Base K-8 Center, Homestead, Fla.
- Wilton Manors Elementary School, Wilton Manors, Fla.
- Surfside Elementary School, Satellite Beach, Fla.
- Castle Creek Elementary School, Orlando, Fla.
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
Find out more about the honorees here: Honorees at a Glance